Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Adventure begins here....

So...

After a million years of saying that I would NEVER homeschool my children, here I am.

Homeschooling H2.

It's been an easy decision, though. H2 has a late birthday, so won't be officially old enough (according to our State) to start Kinder until Fall 2012. He's always been a very bright child, but I still never expected him to be ready to start Kinder almost 2 years early.

He is in the 3YO class at his Pre-School due to his age. He is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of the rest of his classmates. He sounds out every word he sees and whizzed through some Pre-K workbooks I purchased for fun.

He has a great desire to learn and retains knowledge like no other.

He has a passion for history and museums and can remember people/places better than most adults.

Because of these things, we decided that I would start supplementing his Pre-School with homeschooling. I taught a Kinder/1st Grade combo class at a small Christian school last year, and feel confident in this curriculum.

This blog will be a place where I can share photos and stories of what we are up to in H2's School of Cool. I can vent my frustrations & celebrate our successes.

I also hope to use this blog to document H2's progress and our journey through Homeschooling and H2's educational journey. Maybe even through College! I will try to keep this blog strictly about H2's schooling, and save the personal stuff for our family blog.

I welcome any hints/tips that any reader might provide. Like any teacher and mom, we are always on a learning journey right along with our kids, so I plead for your feedback!

Welcome to H2's School of Cool - Only 4 Year Old Allowed (this year!)

Many Smiles,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment