Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our current curriculum...

Here are the books I am using with H2 (for now). I feel comfortable teaching out of these books and I know that they produce kids that are way ahead of the public school Kinder curriculum.

This is the curriculum I used in my Kinder/1st grade class last year and all of the kids who transitioned into public school were at least a grade or more ahead.

You can order from Christian Book Online. My total for all books and shipping was just a little over $50.

Science: The World God Made, by Edward J. Shewan

History: The American People & Nation, by Michael J. McHugh

Phonics: Adventures in Phonics, Level A, by Florence Lindstrom

Math: Liberty Mathematics, Level K, by Florence Lindstrom

Bible & Very Basic Fundaments (letters/numbers): Hearts & Hands, by Darrel A. Trulson

Handwriting: K - In the Beginning, By Geoffrey T. Garvey

Then I am supplementing with a bunch of history/states/presidents stuff that I have found during lesson planning & my trip to Washington, DC. H2 loves history and museums and stuff, so that is what he's most interested in.

I get a lot of ideas from this AMAZING blog called 1+1+1=1. It's a missionary family in Philly who have to homeschool their kids b/c the public school in the inner city is not safe. They are an incredibly faithful family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the ideas they have for Tot School and homeschooling.

She started a spinoff website called Totally Tots that is a collection of awesome Christian homeschooling moms. I have built my Pre-K curriculum at my school around the stuff I found on this website.

I will share some of the supplemental stuff that we are using, as we use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment